We hope you are keeping safe and well in these challenging times. We have published a document to share our plan for the re-opening of Ysgol Penmorfa for all year groups, except Nursery on June 29th 2020.
However, it is important to note that the situation and the guidance we receive is changing on a regular basis and may therefore be subject to change at short notice.
We hope to be able to offer each child 3x face-to-face sessions with their teacher but this may not be possible if National or local policy changes.
We will inform you as early as possible of any significant changes. Whilst we have worked hard over the last week to alleviate the risks of COVID-19 in school, it is important to note that the measures we put in place will be the ‘new normal’ for the time being and classrooms and spaces will look different to how they were before school closed.
- We have ensured that a member of our cleaning staff will be on site all day.
- After Friday 19th June, if you have not informed us of your decision to send your child to school, any requests for school provision cannot be guaranteed. This will be dependent on capacity within our arrangements.
- School uniform can be worn, or pupils can come in their own clothes.
- Pupils may wear trainers to school as they will be learning outside if the weather is nice.
- It is also important that all pupils bring with them a bottle of water.
- We will of course try to ensure that social distancing is in place, however it is not possible to eliminate all risk.
- Children will be taught about hand washing and social distancing and reminded of school rules whilst attending.
- Toilet facilities will be monitored and cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- There will be no large gatherings including assemblies in the school hall, collective worship will take place in class.
- Parents are asked to only come onto the site during the staggered drop off and pick up times and follow the social distancing, one-way systems and procedures.
- Parking for Parents/Carers and visitors will be permitted in the school car park but if possible please ride or scooter to school whilst maintaining social distancing and only with members of your current household.
- Attendance will not be affected if you choose not to attend.
- Safety will be risk assessed by the Senior Leadership Team regularly. This will be based on distancing, hygiene and isolating.
- First Aid stations will have PPE available.
- No books will be taken home and returned. Children are not permitted to bring in any toys or items from home other than their coat.
I’m sure that there are still many questions which you may have, please contact your class teacher and we will get a response to you as soon as possible.
We will update you and provide further information as we receive it.
Stay safe and take care,
Mrs S A Davies – Headteacher
We have made the above newsletter and an information booklet for parents available as downloadable PDF documents below: