Don’t forget to apply for Free School Meals even if you don’t want them! Awards for Free School meals are taken into account when school budgets are determined. This means every school would be entitled to more money from the Government if everyone eligible would process an application. So if you are entitled to Free School Meals we would really like you to apply for them here:
Our Motto is “WHAT MEMORIES ARE MADE OF!”
Our main aim is to provide a Healthy, Nutritional meal. All nutritional needs are catered for such as vegetarian and children with food allergies.
Food is Fun!
We also like to put the ‘Fun Factor’ into mealtimes whilst still educating the children on healthy eating and have many Theme Days throughout the year which they really enjoy.
We have introduced a Birthday Table which has proven to be very popular. The children sit with their chosen friends. We give them a small gift purchased by ourselves and get everyone to sing Happy Birthday to them.
Payments for School Meals
The school operates a pre-paid, cashless system in the canteen. The cost of a School meal will increase to £2.10 from September 2017 which should be paid in advance of your child receiving a meal. When sending dinner money fees in cash:
- Please use a separate envelope for each child
- Envelope should be marked with the child’s name
- Envelope should be marked with the child’s class
- Envelope should be marked with the amount in the envelope
Payments by cheque should be made payable to “Denbighshire County Council”. You can top up your child’s account with any amount of money and this will only be reduced each time your child visits the canteen for a school meal. All balances remain on the account if it isn’t used and will even be transferred to the High School with them.
Free School Meals
You can claim free school meals for your child if you receive any of the following :
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance; Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance; Income Related
- Pension Credit; Guaranteed Credit
- Child tax credit (but not working tax credit) with an annual income below £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Click on the following link to find out more inform and download an application form https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/resident/education/grants-and-funding/free-school-meals.aspx